This is all about riding… And for the most part travelling and riding preferably. I don’t discriminate between Road and MTB, its all awesome and variety is a good thing.
From July 2013 to Sept 2014 this was pretty much my full time job, without sponsorship and pretending to be a ‘career break’ from the corporate Matrix, after 14 years of 50 to 70 hour weeks where my longest holiday was 3 weeks – Could be said I was making up for lost time.
You’ve arrived at a rather niche and opinionated set-up, so consider this a parental advisory warning. The DN Global Collective is all about having rad times in awesome places on your bike with your ComRADes. Most importantly, no cunts allowed.
There’s a lot of ranting and raving to be found on here, so pick a flavor that appeals to you and hopefully it gets you pumped to ride somewhere awesome with your GC Crew.
Here’s how it rolled in 2013:
- March – NZ Mountain bike trip (TP Training camp #1)
- April – The less than stellar (for me) Tour of Friendship in Thailand
- May – NZ Mountain bike trip to Rotorua (TP Training camp #2)
- June – Trans Provence Tour in France (the best week of Mountain Biking EVER)
- July – Whistler, Canada the Sequel and the Shredpocalypse
- July – Italy road riding paradise & Climbing with Clarso
- August – Japan and the iHawk tour of Niseko
- August – NZ for some road action pre Singapore Nationals
- September – Spain for the Vuelta
- October – Abu Dhabi, UAE for Desert Storm III
- November – NZ for the 5 Passes stage race
- November – Indonesia for the Tour of Bintan stage race
- December – Perth WA for the first round of the Dirty Nomad Summer Tour with Herr Doktor
- January – NZ to the North Island for the next leg of the DN Summer Tour
- February – NZ to the South Island for the awesome tour of MTB shredding with the M&M show
- April – NZ for the TP Reunion trip, shredding with the boys in Queenstown on a full DH outing and the Dirty Demo debut
- June – Japan for the Hawk tour of the epic Japanese Alps and Mount Fuji
- July – Canada, Whistler for Shredpocalypse II
- August – NZ, for the Winter Blast!
- August – France for the MTB World Cup finals in Meribel
- October – Perth for some Enduro mania in the final round of the WA Enduro series
- October – Philippines for the Tour of Matabungkay Stage Race, AKA the cuntiest race ever and the end of riding in 2014…
- December – NZ for the Summer Lovin tour and a massive win on the Road2Recovery!
- February – Perth for the PMT action over Chinese New Year
- March – Dirty Mega March action: Mt Buller, Wellington, Queenstown and Rotorua for EWS Round 1 all rammed into one massive trip
- June – The EuroEnduro mission, culminating in the incredible Trans Provence race!
- September/October – The massive back to back EWS rounds in Spain and Italy as part of EuroEnduro II, the PRO edition
- October – The Cane Toad mini mission to QLD in Australia
- November – The ill-fated NZ mini mission to get some hometown shredding in, ending in the rather unexpected Broken neck scenario
- January – More rehab action on the Road 2 Recovery the sequel in the Hawkes Bay
- March – Back into some ENDURO racing with the 5 Day Trans NZ
- June – Hitting Bali for some random EWS Training Camp action at Bali Bike Park
- July – Off to Italy for EuroEnduro III and the infamous bad ass La Thuile EWS Round
- August – #AT40 tour: A massive double header in Spain and France and the first road riding trip for 2 years to celebrate AT turning 40. Girona vs the Pyrenees in a full roadie froth mission
- September – Its Finals time in Finale again: EWS Round 8 in Italy
- December – Who knew the raddest dirt days would cum in the throes of 2016? Radness with the Rodfather, SwissMissile and Jeff on the hallowed grounds of Rotorua.
- February – The Chiang Mai Training camp in Thailand
- March – Dirty Mega March III, including a wet & wild NZ Enduro, Wairoa Gorge debut and then followed by the infamously wet EWS Round 1 in Rotorua
- May – Boys go Wairoa Wild with a rad 3 days in not so sunny Nelson for more moistness
- May – Off on a long range mission to the highly anticipated EWS Round 3 in Madeira
- June – Back to Europe for EWS Round 5 in Sunny Millau… Which ended up with fucking zero sun
As part of the Dirty Nomad World Cycling Tour its also important to make sure the whole squadron gets an outing:
Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon 3:
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Black Inc Nano:
Santa Cruz Hightower CC 29er
Focus Izalco Max Disc
*Gone but not forgotten… The Retired fleet of DN hero machinery*
Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon 2 – Sadly now retired after many missions to make way for the 3
Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 Carbon 29er:
Specialized Demo 8 Carbon:
Cannondale Scalpel 29er Ultimate – Thankfully SOLD off… Adios Cannondale MTB!
Cannondale SuperSix Evo team – Now retired after 3 years of missions:
Santa Cruz Bullit – Sadly now retired… This thing was a legend!
Santa Cruz Heckler – Sadly now retired…