On the cusp of what though? That’s the question for today… And what prompted this question? Well, I love a good dose of planning and when I was fettling with the Dirty Calendar this evening I sat back, looked at the next two months and then let out a long, sweet and deep fuuuuuuuck…. Why is that?
Well, appears through circumstance and perhaps an overzealousness to maximise, I am looking at this in the next 8 weeks:
- 8 trips – Granted, 2 are for ‘work’…
- 11 different countries – Some twice
- 20 flights
- 96,538 km’s in the air – Fuck knows how many on the ground via car/bus(cunt)/train/riding
- DN turns ONE! Happy Birthday shit talking blog
- Possibly I turn mid something something – Get together, one large Black Carbon Nomad 3 please
- 1 very hard road race (oh yay)
- A lot of shredding
- Fuck knows how many gels, but if you can work that out, then multiply by 10 for a gas reading
Yes… assume all goes according to plan, that’s how rabid the next 8 weeks are. Suspect its not going to be great for my road riding prowess (aside from the first riding trip) and its going to look a lot like this repeatedly:
So, on the cusp of what? Madness? Adventure? Excitement? Transit boredom? Exhaustion? Time zone fingering? Awesome times? Radness?
In the end I suspect its going to be a buffet of all of those and a whole lot more. It appears there won’t be a lot of down time, so don’t be offended if I am slow to respond to whatsapp messages (by slow I mean more than 1 minute). I hope you can continue to tune in for a crazy 8 weeks that all kicks off from this weekend onwards.
We’re cranking the NoMADness into the big chain ring and putting our head down… Stay tuned.